1. Pistachio is low in calorie compared with other nuts. It does not contain cholesterol and it contains a small amount of saturated fatty acid. Fat is a source of energy, helping the body absorb vitamin D, E, A and K.
2. It is one of the best sources of vegetable protein.
3. Pistachio contains fiber, so it helps the body with digestion and regulates blood sugar.
4. Pistachio is one of the best sources of potassium among nuts. One pistachio contains as much potassium as one orange. The amount of potassium in two pistachios is higher than the amount of potassium in one banana. The potassium content of pistachio contributes to fluid balance of the body. It regulates heart rate and is very effective in lowering blood pressure.
5. Pistachio contains phosphorous which plays a role in formation of bones and teeth, mechanism of shaking off fatigue and strengthening body muscles.
6. Pistachio contains a few amounts of magnesium. It is one of the most important minerals in turning food into energy. It also regulates heart rate and prevents cramps.
7. Iron content of pistachio is effective in healing dizziness, fatigue, paleness and anemia.
8. Zinc plays a significant role in strengthening skin, hair and nail.
9. Pistachio contains vitamins B6, B1 and E. Vitamin B6 promote metabolism of protein and also plays a role in absorbing food. Vitamin B1 increases energy, strengthens neurons and balances appetite.
10. Among nuts, pistachio contains most antioxidants which boost immune system, enhance eye health and prevent fatigue, stress and deterioration of cells.
11. Pistachio protects the body against heart diseases. Due to its unsaturated fatty acids, it can lower blood cholesterol.
12. Pistachio contributes to the proper function of brain and pacifies individuals.
13. Pistachio can prevent the progress/advance of chronic diseases such as cancer.
14. Pistachio can increase the amount of good cholesterol (HDL) in blood and decrease the amount of bad cholesterol (LDL) and triglyceride.
15. Pistachio powder relieves toothache.
16. Pistachio neither changes blood pressure nor increases weight. However, due to the fact that it is high in calorie, it is characterized as a high calorie snack and you should be abstemious in its consumption.